The Stevens Axiom
COVID Lockdown
the cause of devil tumors
Aurora from Southern Tasmania
European wasps in Tasmania
tranquil Tasmania

24 July 2016

Portrait Of Guy Barnett Tasmanian Forestry Minister

Because of bad weather in Tasmania I've got time for Gimp and I'm following the study of textures using images of local politicians. I'm using politicians because the faces are recognisable and they claim positions of power. They probably only have a lot of headaches and stress. It takes a certain personality type for whom 'ambition' means managing a bankrupt economy with no hope on the horizon of becoming solvent.
Tasmania has a new forestry minister Guy Barnett, a fact barely reported by the Tasmanian media.


I'm not caricaturing these faces because I think they have become caricatures of themseleves. Politicians don't like abandoned junk unless it's in a museum. That could be why I use old machinery in these images. More to come.....

No comments: